A rare, last minute special for the week of December 16 – December 23, 2017 at the Sol Club on Cayo Largo, Cuba. 2 anglers for the price of one! If you are seriously interested in this trip reach out to us immediately so we can connect you with the necessary resources to plan this trip!
For anglers with families, and anglers who have a spouse that might not want to fish, Cayo Largo is perfect. The resort itself has plenty to keep a person occupied, with the beach nearby, several pools, tennis courts, a gym, sauna and Jacuzzi, Spanish classes, a karaoke club, and access to a dive school. Staff here regularly arrange excursions for non-angling guests, from catamaran trips to deserted islands, to snorkel and dive trips, to evening sunset cruises. For groups who might want accommodations more to themselves, and a lower-key option to Sol Club, Avalon also offers the Villas Marinera. These beautiful guesthouses are located next to the marina.
All meals are included with accommodations, and there is a very cozy and friendly pool an bar area. All months of the year offer good fishing. The months of September and October are generally not suggested, as this is hurricane season. Fishing is great all through the winter months with Bonefish and Permit available, as well as numerous species of Jacks, Snapper, and Barracuda. There are a few Baby Tarpon spots known to the guides, but the true Tarpon fishery starts when the adult fish migrate. During the months of April, May and June, Tarpon reaching 100 pounds can be stalked cruising the reef edges, the deeper flats, and the cuts between islands. Most famous of all, is the Permit fishery. The entire north side of Cayo Largo is Permit habitat, the water ranging in depth from 2-5 feet. With deeper waters at the border, Permit migrate with the tides to this area, where they find Ray’s to feed alongside. They are quite susceptible to taking a fly in these conditions, making Cayo Largo one of the world’s best Permit destinations.
The Sol Club
The Sol Club Cayo Largo is a beautiful, all inclusive resort located within a 5 minute drive to the international airport on Cayo Largo. With a multitude of amenities, guests are seldom left without an available activity! The resort has a pool, tennis courts, easy access to the beach, several restaurants and bars, a karaoke club, Spanish classes, and guests can arrange for many different daily activities.
Non-anglers may be interested in catamaran trips, snorkeling, diving, or exploring well deserted cayes & white sand beaches. For guests booked on an angling package, a van will pick them up each morning at the resort and make a short ride to the marina where you embark for the day’s fishing.
The fishing around Cayo Largo can be spectacular. A protected marine sanctuary, many shallow water species flourish in this environment. Bonefish are on the large side of average, with many fish of 6 or 7 pounds available. The Permit fishing is some of the best in the world, and large Tarpon gather in the flats and channels during the migration of Spring and Summer.
Cayo Largo lies at the very eastern edge of the Carnarreos archipelago, which is comprised of nearly 350 islands on Cuba’s southern coast. A resort island, Cayo Largo is largely visited by Canadians and Europeans seeking its pristine white-sand beaches, large all-inclusive resorts and crystal clear waters. Better yet, the waters around Cayo Largo hold abundant and extremely healthy populations of the skinny species fish fly anglers love to stalk. Only a 35 minute flight from Havana, guests from the US will usually enjoy the city for a night before leaving early the next morning for Cayo Largo. The airport is modern, and only a 5 minute ride to the Sol Club Cayo Largo, the beautiful, all inclusive resort where Avalon houses its guests.
$4,900.00 2450 USD per person. Minimum 2 anglers.
December 16-23, 2017
- Meet-and-greet reception upon arrival into Havana’s Jose Marti International Airport (HAV)
- Seven (7) nights accommodations at the Hotel Sol Cayo Largo (double occupancy)
- Six (6) full days of guided fishing (two people per skiff)
- Transfers on arrival and departure on Cayo Largo
- Three meals per day while in Cayo Largo (all-inclusive meal service)
- Full bar tab and all-inclusive drinks at Hotel Sol Club Melia
- Beverages on board skiffs to include four (4) drinks (beer, water, and soft drinks ) each fishing day
- Taxes and GSTs
- International flights to Havana (HAV)
- Hotel nights in Havana (HAV)
- Domestic flights between Havana (HAV) and Cayo Largo ($200 per person round trip)
- Cost of taxi transfers from Havana Airport to hotel in Havana on arrival and departure days
- Meals, drinks, taxis, tours and any additional expenses while in Havana
- Fishing tackle, equipment, flies and all terminal tackle
- Cuban entrance visa
- Gratuities for guides and staff (must be paid in cash with CUCs)
- Other items of a personal nature
- Conservation Fee ($100 USD)