Buenos Aires Fishing
An exotic fishing experience within easy reach of Argentina’s metropolitan hub
Want to learn more?
Just 45 min away from Buenos Aires, this little secret awaits the anglers that dream about catching the mighty Golden Dorado in a unique location.
The Parana Delta is a great option if staying in Buenos Aires looking for a daily guided fishing tour without going far. You will fish into structure or wade in search of the Golden Dorado and Wolf fish (Tararira).
Fishing Tackle & Gear
Dorado is the top-level predators of their domain, and have a voracious appetite to match. This requires us to throw large, noisy flies to get their attention and imitate the local baitfish. Coming with the proper rods & lines to accomplish this will make your fishing experience as enjoyable as possible. Please review the list below.
- 6/7 weight rods. Avoid rods longer than 9 ft, as shorter rods tend to be more accurate and better for leveraging large fish out of structure.
- Tropical Fly Lines We prefer WF lines with an aggressive front taper to help turn over large flies. Rio’s saltwater clouser line is great, as is its F/I saltwater line. Standard bonefish lines work well too, especially if you cut off the front 4-8ft to help with turnover.
- Leader:All that is necessary is a strong butt section tapering down to 15-20lb test and no longer than 7-9 feet. Just be sure that your leader isn’t stronger than your backing or fly-line (If you break off you only want to loose your fly
- Wire leader: Our favorite brand is American Fishing Wire in 25 – 30lb. Your guide will have this available as well, but it’s nice to bring your own if you decide to rig up without him.
- Flies: Anything big (3-5 inches on 1/0-3/0 hooks), gaudy and noisy will do the trick. Dark colors are the most popular, with black being the most dominant color. Deceiver style flies with spun deer hair heads and bead chain are very effective. All the fish species of the Parana river have powerful jaws and sharp teeth, so using more durable synthetic materials over feathers is recommended. Puglisi flies (www.epflies.com), offers a great selection of durable, easy to cast flies. A weed guard is also useful to reduce snags, especially if your casting isn’t always 100% accurate. Your guides will have flies, but we suggest you bring a selection of your own as well. Let us know if you have additional questions about tying or buying dorado flies.
- Clothing: spring and summer in Buenos Aires can be very hot, so prepare for the climate like you would any tropical destination. Lightweight clothing with ample sun protection is a must. Bring a wide-brimmed hat, quality polarized sunglasses and sunscreen. A light rain jacket is also recommended.
$650 per boat per day.
Included: Transfers from hotel to the Marina, fishing license, meals and beverages.
Not Included: fishing tackle, gratuities.
- Sea Trout
- Salmon / Steelhead
- Golden Dorado
- Travel Deals
- Guide Book
- About Argentina
- Contact Us